Senior PHP Web Developer
– Burlington, VT 05401
Career Description: You’re a seasoned PHP developer (Drupal, WordPress, MODX etc.) who loves to collaborate in the creation of great interactive work. You’re motivated by working for some of Vermont’s largest organizations (VBSR, Hickok and Boardman HR Intelligence, Vermont Technology Alliance, Primmer Piper Eggleston and Cramer, Superior Technical Ceramics.) You want to be part of a team that helps define and promote a new Vermont. Flexible schedules and a combination of on site and remote work considered. You move fast and like to have fun because otherwise, what’s the point?
Position: Senior Developer
Salary: Commensurate With Experience
Benefits: Health, Dental Insurance and 401(k); Generous PTO & Company Holidays, Triple A membership, Career Development & Advancement Opportunities; and a slipper allowance!
Location: Pine Street, Burlington, Vermont
- Collaborate with marketing team to create best in market interactive deliverables.
- Work with account team to implement trackable marketing efforts offline and across the web.
- Interact with clients to determine requirements and translate them into technical specifications and project plans.
- Execution of project plans working with our development team.
- Ability to respond quickly, effectively and clearly to people on our team in different fields ( Creative , Marketing, Digital. )
- 5+ years web development experience, including project management
- Able to collaborate effectively with other developers using Git
- CMS experience: WordPress, Drupal and MODX
- Experience with Apache and Nginx
- Experience with MySQL, MariaDB and other SQL-based databases
- DNS management
- Linux server administration
- A security focus in development, with the ability to identify and eliminate vulnerabilities
- Skilled at utilizing Google Analytics, Search Console, and Tag Manager
- Can build interactive front-end interfaces to exact design specifications
- Experience with cross-browser and cross-device testing
- Experience integrating 3rd party data sources including REST APIs and screen scraping
- Experience with responsive web development
- Experience with email development/campaigns
- Agile mindset; quick to adopt and learn new technologies and skills on a client-by-client basis
- An ability to follow and enforce best practices to build extensible and standards compliant websites
- Experience with CentOS/Red Hat Linux
- Well-versed in secure and optimized implementation of SSL
- Knowledge of SEO techniques
- Experience using Moz Analytics
- Experience with emerging web tools and standards such as HTTP/2, Varnish / Docker, etc.
- Experience with Amazon S3 and Amazon AWS
- Basic Photoshop skills (primarily slicing design comps)
- Experience with Google Data Studios or Microsoft Power BI
- Experience with downtime response and website recovery
- Web development experience, including project management: 5 years