PHP Web Developer
Career Description: You’re a seasoned PHP developer (Drupal, WordPress, etc.) who loves to collaborate in the creation of great interactive work. You’re motivated by working for some of Vermont’s largest institutions. You want to be part of a team that helps define and promote a new Vermont. Flexible schedules and remote work are possibilities. You move fast and like to have fun because otherwise, what’s the point?
Position: Web Developer
Salary: Commensurate With Experience
Benefits: This is a part-time position with the potential to move to full-time. Benefits for full-time employees include: Health, Dental Insurance and 401(k); Generous PTO & Company Holidays, Triple A membership, Career Development & Advancement Opportunities.
Location: Pine Street, Burlington, Vermont
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create best in market interactive deliverables
- Work with the account team to implement trackable marketing efforts offline and across the web
- Interact with clients to determine requirements and translate them into technical specifications and project plans.
- Execution of project plans working with our development team.
- Ability to respond quickly, and communicate effectively and clearly to people on our team in different fields (Creative, Account, Media)
- 3+ years web development experience, including project management
- Able to collaborate effectively with other developers
- CMS experience: WordPress and Drupal
- Experience with Apache and Nginx Web Servers
- Experience with MySQL, MariaDB and other SQL-based databases
- DNS management
- Linux server administration
- A security focus in development, with the ability to identify and eliminate vulnerabilities
- Skilled at utilizing Google Analytics, Search Console, and Tag Manager
- Can build interactive front-end interfaces to exact design specifications
- Experience with cross-browser and cross-device testing
- Experience integrating 3rd party data sources including REST APIs and screen scraping
- Experience with responsive web development
- Experience with email development/campaigns
- Agile mindset; quick to adopt and learn new technologies and skills on a client-by-client basis
- An ability to follow and enforce best practices to build extensible and standards compliant websites
- Experience with CentOS/Red Hat Linux
- Well-versed in secure and optimized implementation of SSL
- Knowledge of SEO techniques
- Experience using MOZ Analytics
- Experience with emerging web tools and standards such as HTTP/2, Varnish / Docker, etc.
- Experience with Amazon AWS
- Basic Photoshop skills (primarily slicing design comps)
- Experience with Google Data Studios
- Experience with downtime response and website recovery
- Web development experience, including project management: 3 years
- Please send a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org